There are a lot of great SEO and web design add-ons out there, especially for Firefox. Over the years I’ve tried them all and I’ve narrowed it down to just a few. I use these three add-ons every day when doing site audits, link building prospecting, debugging, and general browsing.
Moz’s MozBar lets you access important SEO data and website metrics at the click of a button. The MozBar gives you quick access to most on-page and linking SEO factors, Domain & Page Authority, and much more.
- Displays Page Authority, Domain Authority, and linking domains for every site.
- Find followed, no-followed, external, internal links, and specific keywords.
- Compare link data for Google, Bing, and Yahoo with the SERP display.
- Display on-page elements instantly with the Analyze tool.
- Plus plenty of other powerful SEO tools right at your fingertips.
SearchStatus lets you display the PageRank, mozRank, Alexa rank, and Compete rank for every web page right in your Firefox browser. Also enjoy its fast keyword density and keyword highlighting tools, nofollow link finder, canonical links, WHOIS reports, and much more.
- Displays the PageRank, mozRank, Alexa Rank, and Compete Rank for every page.
- It shows xml sitemaps, Whois, robots.txt, link report, and meta tags instantly.
- Customizable toolbar to display data in multiple formats and locations.
- Instantly highlights all nofollow links and keywords on page.
- Quick access to the Wayback Machine and other SEO tools.
Firebug is a powerful Firefox add-on that puts the most advanced toolbox of development and performance tools instantly into your browser. You can edit files in real-time and debug and monitor your HTML, CSS, and Script files live on any page or site.
- Instantly analyze your network usage and website performance.
- Has plenty of add-on features to make Firebug even more extensive.
- Get all the information you need to properly and efficiently inspect your site.
- Analyze and detect browser caching and cache validation.
- Detects, follows, and measures speed of all redirects.
- Validates and shows minimized css and javascipt files.
- Displays all image paths and browser download speed.
- Easily export your results into JSON format.